A project management tool is an effective way to organize tasks and deliver projects on time which makes it easy to track progress and manage time for successful projects. Usually, the tools come with features such as collaboration, file sharing, Gantt chart, and a lot more and the best thing about these tools is that they can be used by anyone on the team.
If you are looking for a project management tool that can help you and your team to manage projects efficiently then you have come to the right place. After thoroughly researching and inspecting the tools we confidently provide you with the top eight project management tools irrespective of industry, team size, organization, and price and to help you select the best of them for your team. We have compiled all the information that will help you to make the decision. So without further delay let’s look into some of the best project management tools.
Considered to be one of the best project management tools out in the market, ProofHub is used by many leading organizations such as NASA, Disney, Netflix, and many more. This powerful tool easily integrates with apps that you already use such as Google Drive, Outlook, Dropbox, and many more thus replacing the need to use 6-7 apps that charge per user with just one project planning software.
- It makes task-management less stressful for teams.
- Gantt charts make project visualization easier
- Various tools put under one roof makes it easier to control teams and projects.
- It’s available on iOS and Android, making it easier to check the progress anywhere-anytime you want.
- The feedback-sharing process is much faster with the help of Online proofing software
- The User Interface is not that well defined
- It’s sometimes hard to find files as they are not segregated into proper folders.
- It’s good for small teams, but as the project and team size increase it loses its effectiveness.
- The notifications get cluttered as there is no specific option to choose which notification to receive.
Pricing: ProofHub does not have a per-user fee and it’s basic plan comes at $45/month which offers 40 projects and unlimited user and its premium plan comes at a price of $89/month which offers unlimited projects and users
WorkZone is a tool built for individuals and organizations keeping in mind the ease with which it can be used. It is more robust than entry-level tools and less complicated than high-end tools such as Microsoft Project. It is used by firms such as Wells Fargo, WWF, and famous universities such as Boston University among others. With the freedom to customize, it helps in creating more effective internal processes.
- There are different types of permission levels for users, thus protecting confidential content and ensuring that people with a certain level of Authorization could access the documents.
- The User Interface is easy to set up and use.
- It’s easy to create tasks, to-do lists, and share files thus making way for faster communication.
- Top-level reports ensure that the team knows what comes next which makes overdue projects easily distinguishable.
- Template creation from existing projects helps in saving time when dealing with similar projects
- The completed projects cannot be automatically archived
- Projects delayed by a task are affected as a whole which in turn affects the independent tasks which were completed in time.
- It’s a bit cumbersome to set sequences of tasks while entering a new task in a project.
Pricing: The tool has individual pricing which starts at $24/user for the Team plan to $43/user for the Enterprise plan.
Filestage is an enterprise-ready project management software that streamlines, organizes, and automates feedback while reducing errors, It is easy to integrate. The tool is used and trusted by worldwide firms such as LG and Lufthansa.
It enables individuals and clients to view and annotate project deliverables in real-time for projects such as marketing, video production, product catalogs, or anything else.
- The project dashboard’s easy to use design enables us to keep an overview of all deliverables without any effort.
- Real-time comments can be made on videos, images, audio files, and documents.
- There are different options for different processes and aspects such as departments, projects which makes it easier to manage it.
- Feedback and approval processes are faster and easier.
- The User Interface is clean and easy to use.
- It’s a bit overwhelming for users who use it for the first time.
- The cost increases exponentially as the size of the project increases.
- Project templates are only available for the pro and Enterprise versions.
Pricing: The price starts at $89/month for Starter Plan and increases to $219/month for 10 team members and the cost for the Enterprise depends on various factors such as team size, storage capacity, number of projects.
Scoro is one of the most comprehensive project management tools out there for professional and creative services, Used by companies such as WSI, Sotheby’s TELE2, and many more Scoro integrates popular accounting services to cloud storage and incorporates over 1000+ other tools through zapier to provide users with the best experience.
- It’s an easy-to-use collaborative platform suited for all professions whether it’s a CEO or a Project Manager.
- It helps to get automated reports and real-time overview of projects.
- It can easily be integrated over tools like Dropbox, Outlook, and 1000+ others to achieve automation with the help of Zapier.
- It has a good User Interface and is fast and informative.
- The cost is high, as it has a user-based pricing system; it becomes too costly for small businesses as there are lots of hidden costs that emerge as you progress further with the project
- It can be a bit hard to learn all the features in the beginning if one is not familiar with the workings of project management software.
Pricing: It has 4 plans named Essential, Work Hub, Sales Hub, and Ultimate costing $26, $37, and $37/user for a month and the Ultimate Plan has it’s pricing dependent on various factors such as the number of users and advanced automation softwares among other things.
nTask is a comparatively new project management software but despite its burgeoning state of development, it is packed with lots of features which are similar to some pretty famous project management tool. Its software design is easy to adopt which is why over 100,000+ teams including teams from companies like Google, Apple, AT&T use nTask.
- Risk matrix makes it easier to identify potential risks and their frequency of occurrence
- It’s easy to schedule multiple meetings with clear agendas and discussion points.
- It’s easy to create tasks and projects.
- Integration with Zapier makes it easy to automate tasks.
- One-click export and interactive Gantt charts make it easier to handle projects.
- As the application is still in the development phase it lacks a lot of features though they are constantly updating the tool regularly.
Pricing: It has its pricing based per user and it comes with 4 plans; namely Basic (which is free), Premium and Business which costs $3 and $8 respectively and the Enterprise plan is influenced by various factors such as number of users, storage space and many more.
Celoxis is an award-winning project management tool used by some tech giants such as Tesla, Whirlpool, and reputed companies like Lufthansa, Rolex, HBO, Adobe, and many more. Its customizable free client portal and extensive collaboration features make it easier to use. The tool makes solving complex project management issues faster and easier due to meticulous engineering and beautiful engineering.
- Easy to customize
- The resources can easily be allocated to tasks based on availability, demand, and skills
- Easy to share files, discuss and exchange comments with both the team and clients.
- Provides well-structured reports.
- Can be accessed through both mobile phones and computer through the web application.
- The tool integrates over 400 popular business applications such as Google Drive, Outlook, Google calendar, and many more.
- Interfaces are a bit complicated to use for small teams.
- Some options are not customizable or hard to customize as the tool has a steep learning curve.
Pricing: The tools are priced per user and have 2 plans namely CLOUD and ON-PREMISE which costs $25/month and $450 which are billed once respectively.
Clarizen is a cloud-based project management tool that was voted “Gartner Peer Insights Customer’s Choice” for project portfolio management. Used by companies such as Siemens Energy, CISCO, box; the tool is a single collaborative pm solution that lets to connect with team members effortlessly.
- Easy to use User Interface.
- Provides real-time updates
- Ability to create custom reports
- It’s easier to create Collaborative notes.
- It can easily collaborate with various other tools such as Salesforce.
- Some of the automated features don’t allow room for flexibility which can sometimes be not desirable
- It has a steep learning curve when it comes to some of its functions.
Pricing: The tools come with plans named Unlimited and Enterprise Edition. The number of services offered differs in both the plans in which the pricing depends on various factors.
Easy Project is a professional project management tool used by some global firms such as Toyota, Lenovo, Bosh. With its versatile interface and inbuilt tools, it is a perfect fit for industry from different niches whether it’s an IT company or educational institution.
- It’s easy to customize and set tasks, end dates, assign users, and much more.
- It can easily be integrated with apps such as Outlook, Project, Excel, and various others.
- Gantt charts and project maps make it easier to visualize data and plans.
- Customizable real-time email notifications make it easier to communicate with the team and improve collaboration.
- It’s cost-effective as low priced accounts can support unlimited projects.
- It has a steep learning curve.
- There is no option to dependencies between projects.
- It’s not smartphone friendly.
Pricing: It charges its plan monthly per user basis, with 3 plans named Essential which costs $7/user, Business which costs $15/user, and Platform which charges $23/user.
In recent times there has been a shift in the needs of the businesses and with the shift, there has been an increase in demand for tools and software that aids in the working of teams. Going through this article thoroughly will help you choose the right project management tool that will help you deliver project success efficiently. Whether it is an invoicing tool or you need a tool to view and process projects in one place, the article will help you know the pros and cons of using the tool that you may have been discussing with your colleagues just a moment ago. There’s a saying that “Work Smart not hard” and the above-mentioned tools will help to serve the purpose.
So Choose Wisely!